nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Thursday, August 16

Revlon Lip Butters Review

From left: #080 Strawberry Shortcake,  #085 Sugar Plum, #040 Red Velvet,

As my first post (yay!), I thought I would start off with my latest beauty obsession: lip butters. We're in the middle of winter at the moment in Australia so my lips are always in need of some TLC, hence my madness-educed splurge on lip balms this season. Having tried the Korres Mandarin lip butters previously, and seeing practically everyone in the beauty blog world giving them a go, I thought why not?

Revlon's Colourburst lip butters come in a huge range of colours (well, huge for a lip butter range), so it's safe to say there is a colour for everyone. My lips are a little redder than most of my fellow pasty's out there, so I tend to go for the darker colours (Red Velvet, Sugar Plum). Priceline were having a 2 for 1 sale at the time so I decided to try out a lighter colour (Strawberry Shortcake). I don't know about anyone else but I found the spread of the pink looked very inconsistent on my lips. Unlike the other colours, it tended to just sit in and highlight the cracks on my lips whether or not I applied lip balm before or after. It also has a slight shimmer to it which I never noticed while purchasing. So here's a word of caution, some are shimmery! :( I thought I was going mad when I first put this on my lips. The problem is at first glance at the product you won't notice it (can't even see it in the close up below either), it was only when I put my glasses on and looked at it in the sunlight did I see the incy-wincy glittery particles. Funny how something so minuscule can make such a huge difference.

From top: #040 Red Velvet, #085 Sugar Plum, #080 Strawberry Shortcake

On the other hand the Red Velvet and Sugar Plum (non-shimmer based) smoothed out my lips for a bigger, fuller look and I've been wearing them everyday since I bought them, even if I am bumming around my house in my jammies most of the time…

Unfortunately, they're not the most moisturising lip butters on earth. They feel nice and nourishing on application, but in most cases I've had to reapply it within an hour with a little balm to avoid my lips drying out completely.

The colour is definitely buildable, but as someone who personally likes my lips to look more natural than anything, I find myself applying lip balm over the top to avoid my libs being too vibrant during the day; and this is what I love about lip butters. It's a lipstick and moisturiser in one.

Overall, I really like this product, maybe not as good as the Korres Mandarin lip butters but you have to admit, these babies look great in your purse (and won't break as easily). Plus I love it how you can just smack it on and go. No blotting, no layering, no brushes, nothing. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment