nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Sunday, January 20

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Review

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Liquid Foundation

Summer is not the time to wear thick foundation. So I've put aside my beloved Bourjois healthy mix foundation and started using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for the first time.

This foundation gives a very light and luminous coverage. It wont cover acne spots particularly well, but it really brightens the skin and diminishes most discolourisation. The consistency looks quite thick when you first squeeze it onto your fingers but melts into your skin like water.  Longetivity wise, for me it lasts around 5 hours, more if I set it with some powder. It also has a sun protection factor of 15 which is always a nice bonus.

If you have quite problematic skin I probably wouldn't recommend this one. I only ever use this on 'good skin' days because I find it tends to accentuate the spots on my face, and unfortunately because of the high alcohol content, it can feel quite drying on cooler days.

It's pretty pricey for the amount of product (come on, this is Chanel we're talking about here), but has a very slim and sleek package design great for carrying around in your purse. I purchased mine from OzCosmetics for $57 AUD.

What do you guys think about this foundation? Do you think it's worth the high price tag?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard lovely things about the luminosity and lightness of that foundation. I haven't tried it though, but your post reignited my curiosity over it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kumiko! It's a lovely foundation. Also, I don't know anyone who's had anything bad to say about it, so I think it's definitely worth giving a go at some point.

      Delete
  2. i have heard great reviews about this product! but sometimes i question how good the formula of it, if we didnt know that it was by chanel; ie would it have been just as highly raved if it was from.... just say e.l.f? lol just a thought haha

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it all comes down to the individuals skin type, what is does and does not agree with. But I do agree that there might be some reviewers out there that are only raving about it purely because it's made by Chanel; but I also think there's a lot of high expectations on their products too, because they are so expensive and well regarded, there is more room for disappointment from reviewers than anything (like in my case).

      Delete