nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Thursday, February 28

Prevage Triple Defence Shield Review

Elizabeth Arden's Prevage Triple Defence Shield SPF50 PA+++


If you've read through my blog you probably would have noticed that I'm a bit of a BB cream junkie. Well, I'm also a sunscreen junkie. I am ridiculously strict when it comes to sun care.  Every time I go out I apply sunscreen to the exposed parts of my body, including my feet (because thanks to my flats I have a pretty hilarious tan line there now) , and the same goes for my face. However I do consider my face a little different from my feet . It's sensitive, easily clogged and prone to breakouts so it was hard for me to find a sunscreen that really suited my needs.

I'm happy to say I've found one. Even if it did take breaking the bank to get it. What I love is that it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, the texture is quite watery, yet moisturising. It also doubles up as a moisturiser so if you have oily skin you don't have to worry about applying a separate moisturiser afterwards. I also think it’s a great base for make up. My foundation just seems to stay looking fresh for a lot longer than I'm used to, which is also a plus, and if it does what it claims, reflects UV and UB rays and helps prevent ageing then I'm sold. I do feel the brush is a bit of a redundant feature though. I just think it's unhygienic because I don’t have the patience to sterilise it after every use. I feel a lot more comfortable squeezing out the product into my hand and pressing it into the skin. It just feels more hygienic and you get a good feel for how much product you're using, and you want to be careful of that because of the size. Oh, did I mention it was only 50mls? Yeah, It's only 50mls (sobs). 

For $80 it is definitely the most ridiculously expensive sunscreen ever, and because of the size it's hard to say whether or not I will repurchase this product. I still like to dream that one day I'll win the lottery, but in the meantime I will continue my search for an effective and affordable sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment