nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Thursday, September 12

A Whole Lot of Empties 01


This post has been a long, long time coming. This is an accumulation of at least eight months of hoarding, and enough is enough. I need to throw these out now. So here's my first empties post!

Skincare

Avene Thermal Water
It's really just water in a can, and I didn't find it did much for my skin, but it was a great refresher on a hot day out.

Trilogy Rosehip Oil
This was the first oil I ever tried, great for the acne prone! However, I've decided to go for Sukin rose-hip oil now. It's significantly cheaper and works just as well. But Trilogy will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Botani Boost Balancing Moisturiser
One of my favourite moisturizers, and another great for acne prone skin. I am still a little iffy on the texture though, it feels light but can feel quite sticky after a while, so I really only use this during the cooler months. Until next winter, I guess.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
This was an amazing lip balm, but I don't think I'll be forking out $30 on another one anytime soon...or ever. I could buy a new pair of shoes with that money...

Loooove this stuff! I'm already onto my second bottle.

Sigh. I really did love this exfoliator, but it's just so damn hard to get my hands on! See review here.

Forumla 10.0.6 One Smooth Operator Scrub
When my Liz Earle exfoliator ran out I turned to the back up. Eh. There's not much I can say about this product. It did the job fairly well, but it was quite harsh, and the artificial, grape-y scent was horrible.

This was a good moisturiser, but for the price it's a bit too average for me to justify repurchasing again. Sorry Origins.

This product however, I will gladly repurchase. It really helps kill those big nasty pimples quickly.

Laneige Perfect Renew Essence
This was a lovely essence. Unfortunately, because it is more for wrinkle correction, I didn't see any obvious affects on my skin, but it did make it feel really smooth. It also smelled really nice. :D


Haircare


Batiste Dry Shampoo
I cannot live without this product anymore, its really sad. I have very fine hair that's gets greasy very easily, and there's no way for me to get away with not washing my hair everyday. Until this guy came along!


Toni&Guy Leave In Conditioner
This is another product I probably won't purchase again. It didn't really do much for my dry ends, in fact, I think it made them worse. It also made my hair feel very weighed down and didn't improve smoothness and frizz at all.


Cosmetics


Natio Natural Cover Conealer
This was a really nice concealer. The shade was a little light for my skin, but it worked really well as a highlight under my eyes and around my nose. Great staying power as well.

Collection 2000 Concealer
Ah, the infamous collection 2000 concealer... I'm not going to lie, it's pretty amazing. Great staying power and hides nasty red blemishes really well. Already purchased my second bottle of ebay.

Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation
I wear this stuff religiously in the summer for work. It's a very affordable, high coverage, matte foundation. I do a lot of running around at work and on a long 10 hour day this stuff just won't budge. Already onto my second bottle.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I was so upset when this ran out. I would go out and buy another one but I still have a few more mascara's to get through at the moment. I must be patient...

YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter
I used this highlighter almost everyday. It was just so easy to use, just click and swipe. But now there are just as many cheaper options available, so I don't think I'll be coming back to this one anytime soon.

Phew. Thank god that's over...now into the recycling bin!

6 comments:

  1. snaps and claps for being done!

    what does the rosehip oil do? and i'm on the same shu cleanser but im not totally in love with it. glad you enjoy it though!

    as for spot removers, really want to try the mario bedescu one all the state-side bloggers talk about.

    and also, found you on twitter! huzzah!
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn! Rosehip is a natural oil filled with antioxidants that help with scarring, acne, reducing wrinkles and a whole lot of other stuff. I use it as a a serum at night time :)
      And yeah, I've heard a lot about the Mario Bedescu spot treatment recently. Is it expensive???

      Delete
    2. i'm not sure. we don't have it readily available here and Target just came to canada so they need to open up a few more locations before i can pick a bottle up.
      jenn

      Delete
    3. We have this store in Australia called Mecca Maxima that stock a lot of mid to high end brands that our Target and department stores don't sell. They recently opened a store in Brisbane and apparently they stock Mario! The prices aren't as steep as I thought either, around the $20-30. Success!

      Delete
  2. You really did have a lot of empties! I'm curious to try some of the skincare products you mentioned, especially those from Origins.

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been pretty impressed with the products I've tried so far! They are definitely worth a try :D

      Delete