nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Friday, May 16

The Dry Shampoo Smack-Down


There's something incredibly tedious about washing your hair everyday. If you don't have fine, oily hair, please take this time to be grateful, because it really does feel like a curse sometimes. Thankfully, we live in a time where this magical product called 'dry shampoo' exists. Sometimes I just can't be bothered washing my hair everyday, and this is why I turned to dry shampoo. Here's a quick overview of some of the ones I've tried, the good and the bad.

No 1. Lee Stafford (for dark, oily hair) - $15 AUD
This is the most recent one I've purchased and at the moment I'm really impressed with it. It smells amazing, brings volume to my roots, and the tint doesn't stain my skin or go all over the place. It is on the pricier side, especially for 150mls, it goes quickly but I find it very effective at keeping my hair grease-free for most of the day.

No 2. Klorane (with oat milk) - $13
This is my favourite of them all. Klorane gives the most lift to my roots, and has a very light scent that doesn't make your head hurt. The only downside is that it leaves a very white cast. Better for light hair but not dark.

No 3. Klorane (with nettle, for oily hair)- $15
This is another favourite of mine, great oil absorption, lifts roots for volume, and keeps my hair looking fresh all day long. Great for oily hair, but like it's predecessor, it does make you look like you’re going grey. I avoid sun and spotlights like the plague when I use this.

No 4. Toni & Guy Cleanse DS - $16
I couldn’t help but feel a little cheated with this one. It comes in a large bottle, which seemed great to me considering the price, but all the bottles picked up felt half empty. It didn't seem to do much for my hair either. It did nothing for my oily roots except make them feel a little crispy, and there was no volume at all. It smells like every other Toni & Guy product, and it's nice enough, but it does linger, and I found myself getting sick of it really quickly.

No 5. Batiste - $10
This is another great drugstore dry shampoo, its cheap, it does the job and comes in a variety of scents and shades, the most from any brand available here in Australia. The standard formulas can look a little grey on dark hair though, so I make sure to use it in moderation.

No 6. Polished London - $3
You get what you pay for, I guess. This did nothing. If anything, it made my hair greasier. It smells nice, the nicest smelling dry shampoo I've tried, and it is tinted for darker hair, but alas, that's the extent of its virtues.  To use it up I've been using a little on top of the more 'whiter' ones. I would definitely recommend not wearing white while using this because the tint goes everywhere. You can see how messy it is through the orange cap.

No 7. Cedel (for dark hair) - $8
This cedel tint is okay, just okay. It keeps my hair slick free all day but it doesn’t give much oomph to my roots and the tint tends to end up all over my wrists instead of my head.

There's a lot of dry shampoos on the market at the moment, and it can get a little overwhelming, so I hope this post helps. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly I am also someone who has to wash their everyday - will forever be jealous of those who can leave it for 4 days and it still looks freshly washed! If I don't have time to wash it I usually use either Lee Stafford or Batiste! But I really want to try Klorane now! x

    http://k-olivia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see I'm not the only one! I would definitely recommend trying out the Klorane ones, they are probably my favourite over Batiste. I hope they release one for darker hair though because it can make you look grey if you're not careful. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete