nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Monday, June 30

Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque Review

I’m ashamed to admit I hadn't tried Aesop products before Christmas last year, they always seemed too far out of my price range. In the end curiosity got the better of me. Not to mention, the scent that seems to permeate from their store, it smells so good, it was beckoning to me. Of course, the infamous Parsley Seed Masque was a must try, and I think quite a safe option for an Aesop noob such as myself.

Ingredients: water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, bentonite, alcohol denat, glycerin, lavandula angustifolia oil, oenothera biennis oil, rosa canina fruit oil, phanoxyethanol, ormenis multicaulis oil, carum petroselinum, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, linalool


What I love about this masque is the texture, it’s not a stiff, thick formula like other masks I’ve tried (Queen Helene Mint Julup Mask, I’m looking at you), it’s almost like a mouse, and it spreads across the face easily. You can layer the product on as much as you want, but if you want this masque to last as long as possible, use a small amount at a time. Regardless of quantity, it dries around the five to six minute mark. I do experience a burning sensation after applying this, but it’s mild, not like the agonizing burning I would get from other, cheaper clay masks. I love how it doesn’t leave my skin feeling really tight and dry, and although I didn't see much results on the first few tries, after using this each week for the past seven months I've noticed a huge reduction in blackheads around my forehead, cheeks and chin area. It seems to really help smooth out those pesky little lumps I have around my lower cheeks as well.

Retailing at around $39AUD it is a high end product, but truly is an amazing cleansing masque.  Although the price might seem quite steep for some, it is a year round product and I love how it doesn't strip or dry out my skin, even during the winter months when my face is more on the dry/combination side. Totally worth the splurge in my opinion!

Ever tried Aesop products before? What’s your favourite clay mask?

9 comments:

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about this mask, and it does sound so lovely! I definitely want to purchase it once I finish at least one of my current cleansing masks that I own.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Tasha! The one in one out rule is definitely a space saver haha.

      Delete
  2. This face mask has been on my wishlist for about a year, but I've never bought it as it's just so pricey! I do love these types of face masks though, especially during the summer when my skin is more oily then usual.. I think I might take the plunge and purchase it based on this review, it seems like it would be a great investment! x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, it's a bit expensive for my liking, but it has worked well for me. Hope you experience the same success!

      Delete
  3. I actually haven't heard of this mask before but it sounds really great! I've actually never come across a mud mask that doesn't dry out my skin so I really should give this is a go. Such a good review Tegan, love how you explained the long term effects xxxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  4. The information is very interesting. I do have a similar blog Hairdressers in Rockhampton with a motto to give quality suggestions and advises to my readers. I would like to re post it in my blog. Would you mind granting me permission?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased this after reading some fab reviews but I have to say I didn't notice a huge difference on my skin :( The only face mask which has ever given me noticeable results is the GlamGlow!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Glam Glow before, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

      Delete