nav bar

|  HOME  |  ABOUT  | CONTACT |

Friday, February 13

Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation Review

flower perfection foundation in shade 52 vanilla
Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation in No.52 Vanilla
I can’t believe after all these years I haven't even posted a review on one of my favourite foundations. This is the foundation that gets me through the long, hot months. Bourjois Flower Perfection is a high coverage, matte foundation great for oily, acne prone skin.

The foundation has quite a creamy texture, and goes on very smooth. It also comes with a sponge, but I find this a very redundant feature, the formula dries quickly so you run the risk of caking yourself up if you take too long. Also, a sponge isn't exactly the most hygienic way to apply makeup, so I tend to use my fingers or my real techniques buffing brush. This foundation lasts all day for me, even when I've been running around at work for eight hours; it stays put. It can get a little shiny, nothing a little blotting or powder can't fix, but to be honest, I love the natural glow it gives the skin when it's been on for a while. It also contains SPF15, in the form of titanium dioxide. This doesn't seem like much, but at least they've used a physical UV filter instead of chemical. 

before foundation left, after application right
I find that many foundations break me out, this one being the exception. When researching the product I found that it contains hardly any skin or acne irritants (check out the cosDNA rating here). I guess that explains the lack of red bumps I usually find on my face the day after. I highly recommend this for those with oily/acne prone skin who are looking for a high coverage foundation to cover their spots.  This just ticks all the boxes for me, it covers everything, it’s long lasting, doesn't break me out, and it makes my skin look flawless.

I have been really impressed with Bourjois products across the board, and really don't mind paying a little extra for them anymore. I can usually find it at Priceline for around $30, but you can get it cheaper online from Asos and Life & Looks for $15. I've already repurchased this foundation twice, this is my third bottle! That’s how much I love it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Bourjois' products, but sadly the amount of products here is really limited :c. This foundation looks great on you, and I like that it is long-lasting!

    I hope we eventually get this foundation here :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey! Yeah, Bourjois has only been in Australia for two to three years now. Even then, it's very hard to find.

      Delete
  2. I really want this foundation .. i love it .. but cant find it in australia ..

    ReplyDelete